- Dust floor when needed with a dry dust mop to prevent the build up of dust in cracks and groves
- Wash floors with hardwood floor cleaners rather than generic brand, all-purpose cleaners
- Wipe up any water spills immediately so they don’t affect the finish or seep in and get below the floor boards
- Clean small sticky spots with slightly damp paper towel or sponge
- Place area rugs in high traffic areas such as entranceways to further protect your floors from wear and tear.
For more information on this, and other subjects, visit the Gaylord Hardwood Flooring blog: How to Maintain Hardwood Floors